Earrings-earphones and fairy tales by robots: 13 Russian participants in the Cosmos, Lem, Jewellery project announced
The organizers of the Cosmos, Lem, Jewellery project announced 13 works from Russia that will take part in the international art project during the year:
· Ekaterina Komarova, "I am a Person of action", a ring
· Svetlana Subbotina, "Evolution", a brooch
· Anastasia Korolyova, "Telescope", a collection
· Maria Mamkayeva, "Fairy Tales by Robots", a necklace from the "Space Debris" collection
· Anna Lopatkina, "Microchips", a collection
· Diana Abramova-Varyukhina and Vladislav Abramov-Varyukhin, "Mascon", a bluetooth earphone
· Ekaterina Fedotova, "the Sun and the Moon", a bracelet
· Ksenia Shinkovskaya, "Alien brooch inspired by ‘The Star Diaries of Ijon Tikhij’"
· Anna Grigorieva, "Knights of Holy Contact", a palm bracelet
· Tamara Trusova, "Slice", a ring
· Alexey Kryukov, "Wandering in an Ocean of Mind", a pendant
· Pavel Timofeyev, a pendant from the "Zoo" collection of totems
· The "Works by Students" category
· Alexander Emelin, "The world is crazy", a brooch
· Hors concours: "Gagarin", "Shturmanskie", watches
The competitive exhibition brings together the original art pieces inspired by the works by Stanislaw Lem, the popular Polish writer, philosopher and futurologist, on one platform. Currently, the designs by the artists from Poland, Great Britain, the USA, Norway, the Netherlands, Portugal, Japan, Sweden, Austria, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, and other countries have been announced to participate in the exhibition. According to the organizers, there are about 200 works in total, including the ones made by the Russians. Among the participants are Ruudt Peters (Netherlands), Felieke van der Leest (Netherlands), Katerina Belkina (Germany), Tim Carson (Great Britain), and others.
Starting from February, the project will proceed in the format of a travelling exhibition held in the cities associated with the Stanislaw Lem's works - in Lvov, Krakow, Berlin, Vienna, and other cities. The virtual opening of the exposition took place in the fall in Wroclaw. The works by the participants in the Cosmos, Lem, Jewellery exhibition will be published in a 200-page art catalogue.
City Museum of Wroclaw
Artwork by Katerina Belkina, Enter, 2011, Archival Pigment Print, 110 x 95 cm, Series Empty Spaces, Loan from the Lilja Zakirova Gallery, Heusden (NL)